I am really glad I completed L2P3 this summer! I am participating in a research based pilot program for 7th & 8th grade GT students in the library this coming school year in which we will be teaching the research process, and the students will be creating technology-based projects at the end of each of their four topics. I am going to use these resources.
1. How did analyzing each portion of your project as you worked through it aid you in thinking about how to help students (and other teachers) create their own technology-enhanced projects.
The five steps made the research process seem so easy and simple, and gave me a big picture of the research process as a whole, which makes it seem less overwhelming. I think both teachers and students will feel the same way.
2. How do you anticipate using your series of blog posts and the L2P3 blog itself in the future?
I'm sure I will refer back to it time and time again. I will encourage teachers to look at the steps on the L2P3 blog (if not do it themselves), and they will also be welcomed to view my blog and posts from my experience. I kind of wish the teachers could do 5.75 Things for credit even if they haven't done the 23 and 11.5 Things because I think it would be so beneficial for them (and they would be more apt to do it if they received credit for it). However, I understand the benefits of doing the prerequisites as well, so I plan to encourage the teachers who have completed 23 and 11.5 Things to build it up to the other teachers, as I know how much they've benefited from it.
3. Describe one other way you anticipate helping others grow in using technology.
I think I am going to use the new blog I created for L2P3 to post "how-tos" and "help sheets" for all things technology in the library (instructions for creating Photo Stories, iMovies, Animotos, various image generators, Mac shortcuts, wikis, etc.). Also, I send "technology tips" randomly to the teachers via email, and I am going to try to do them more frequently -- and point out that all the tips are on my blog.
4. The success of the 23 Things program has been established. How did the "23 Things" format translate to this type of program that was more systematic?
I think the self-paced blog format is so much more beneficial than sitting through an inservice because we can all relate back to our own experience while doing it, and refer back to the L2P blog and our blog posts on an ongoing basis, which I know my teachers are doing (as am I).
No comments:
Post a Comment